Post #3 – Creativity Article- GRQ and Discussion

 Class Discussion:  During our class, we discussed how the video talks about how technology is ruining our creativity. However, we found this not to be the case because of how times have changed throughout the years.  While that negative idea about technology happened in the past, we found that isn’t true in today's society. Many people use technology to gain new information and connect with those across the world. In the past, communicating across the world would have taken weeks while it only takes minutes today. In addition, technology has also created new artforms in many different ways. Digital art has become increasingly popular throughout the world.

    Another point during the discussion was how schools have affected how students look at things. In schools, we are taught that it is only right and wrong. If the student gives an answer that the teacher doesn't like, they are often mocked in front of their peers. I believe this causes many students to lose their self-esteem. By losing this, many students have a hard time communicating because they are fearful of saying the wrong answer. 


Article:  I found that the article was very interesting. It was interesting to learn that creative thinkers have different wired brains vs people with more normal wired brains. I’m curious if these differently wired brains are something people are born with or it is learned. While I know of gifted children, it doesn’t mean adults can’t pick up new skills. I believe that obtaining these wired brains are easier to gain when young. Since the brain is new to information, children find it easier to pick up a new language than an adult.  How I would process this process is to divide two controlled age groups. Next, I would give the group each a similar task to that they have never done before. I would scan the brains to see if multiple wired regions were shown. With this test, scientists can find the answer to figuring out if this is a common trait and anyone can learn it. However, if it doesn’t work. Then only a select few have this wired brain.

Graded Reading Questions:

  1. True

  2.  True

  3.  True

  4.  False

  5.  True

  6.  True

  7.  True

  8.  True

  9.  True

  10.  True

  11.  True

  12. True 



Comments

Popular Posts